According to the United States Federal Sentencing Guidelines, many different firearms charges are available. If caught, each of these charges involves a severe penalty. However, a federal gun charges attorney can help you minimize your penalty or have the case dismissed entirely.
If you are charged or convicted with a federal firearms crime, get an experienced lawyer with federal offenses who can manage federal court proceedings. Tulsa Criminal Defense Law Firm’s federal gun charges attorneys in Oklahoma will work with you every step of the process. So without any further ado, let’s have a look;
Due to the severity of the penalties that can be applied if you are accused of a federal firearms charge. But, it will be defending yourself in a federal prosecution can be stressful and challenging. The federal criminal defense lawyers at Tulsa Criminal Defense Law Firm, on the other hand, keep every boundary when it comes to protecting you against such a federal gun accusation.
In this professional field, some of the legal achievements include:
- Charge: Weapons with Disabilities
Result: Agreement signed a plea agreement for the client. A previous offender was found guilty of a minor charge and punished to a month in jail and rehabilitation rather than prison.
- Charge: Gun possession in an Alcohol Permit Premises
Result: The defendant entered a plea to a lower charge with only supervision and no jail terms.
Although past performance is no prediction of successful outcomes. the Tulsa Criminal Defense Law Firm is considered one of Oklahoma’s best criminal defense firms.
Many gun-related crimes, such as weapons possession, are punished by the state. In certain cases, the criminal case is regulated by state law. When unlawful firearms transit state boundaries or originate from another country, or reach a state. Firearm charges may also be pursued at the federal level.
A federal firearms charge may arise from a variety of acts. In any of the following situations, you could be arrested on a federal firearms charge:
- Without a valid license, the person imports produce, buys, or sells a firearm.
- The accused neither gets a stolen firearm nor steals a weapon for personal use.
- Sawed-off rifles, sawed-off shotguns, suppressors, semi-automatic weapons, or other illegal guns are made by those with a legal weapons manufacturing license.
- A sawed-off rifle, sawed-off shotgun, silencer, semi-automatic weapon, or illegal weapon is illegally possessed.
- Judgments for Possession of a Gun Carry Serious Consequences
- A judgment on a federal gun crime may carry significant effects, such as fines, jail time, or a mixture of the two. These charges may affect the accused’s life, specifically if he or she is required to be registered as a gun user.
Furthermore, any criminal history record is publicly available. It may impact an accused’s future career opportunities, educational options, and living conditions.